Tuesday, November 9, 2010

Spoon Graphics


Spoon Graphics is a company run by Chris Spooner. Similar to the designer mentioned in my last post, his website is a blog on which he posts all kind of things related to graphic design, however his blog is focused much more toward tutorials and free resources for designers. He also has several videos in which he discusses design issues and explains a bit about himself and what his workspace is like.

Because of blogs by designers such as Chris Spooner and Jacob Cass (mentioned in my previous post), I definitely see the relevance of keeping a regular design blog as suggested by this assignment and desire to do so in the future (specifically with the next website that I'll be building in Web Graphics class). Even though I'm really late in posting to this blog for History of Graphic Design, I feel like if I was keeping a regular blog for myself that wasn't a homework assignment, I probably would post to it pretty regularly. However, I'm the king of procrastination, so who knows.

Moving along, a few examples of some recent articles on Chris Spooner's page include:
20 Amazing Digital Artists to Follow on Behance,
Two Simple Techniques to Help You Master the Pen Tool, and
A Handy Guide to Image Resolutions in Print Design.

I will elaborate more on some of the artists mentioned in that first article in the list, in future posts.

No comments:

Post a Comment